The Margarita. It can be the perfect cocktail when done well. Sadly, this beverage is often crafted with excess and unnatural sugars that weigh it down. If you're like us and enjoy refreshing cocktails without the sugar (and the hangover) you'll love this. Our secret? Extra salt!
- Virgin Islands Sea Salt
- 2 ounces (¼ cup) clear tequila (we prefer Tanteo)
- 1 ½ ounces (3 tablespoons/about 1 ½ small limes) fresh lime juice
- 1 ounce (2 tablespoons/about ½ of a medium orange) for a little sweetness
- 1 teaspoon light agave nectar
- 1 lime wedge or round, for garnish
Cover a small surface (or plate) with a generous amount of Virgin Islands Sea Salt. Take a small section of lime and run the pulp along the rim of your glass. Dip the glass into the salt and rotate to ensure all sides of the glass are rimmed with salt. Add ice to the glass and set aside.
In a separate shaker, add ice and above ingredients (tequila, fresh lime, orange juice and agave). Cover and shake all ingredients until thoroughly mixed. Pour over ice and garnish with fresh lime and extra Virgin Islands Sea Salt. Most importantly, enjoy!